Fine Art Printing Checklist
Here are some fundamental questions for your fine art printmaker :
• If you do not have access to the print professional directly you need to find a new printmaker
1) Archival Inks - usually water based not solvent
2) Canvas make sure there are no OBAs - Optical Brightener Additives
3) Water based UV Coating applied to protect your canvas
4) Acid Free Paper
• Groupon & Costco are affordable but don’t be duped – there’s a reason it’s so cheap.
• If your print professional is not able to answer all of the above or he dismisses your inquiry move on.
Hopefully this checklist will adequately arm you with the right questions – build a solid relationship with your printmaker you’ll be rewarded with quality & consistency.